YOUTH LIVESTOCK SALE BROCHURE
4-H | FFA
The Michigan State Fair Gold Ribbon Program/Youth Scholarship Program
Applications Due | August 18, 2017
- Applications for Michigan State Fair Scholarships are extended for the Armada Fair until August 18, 2017.
- You do not need to win a Golden Ribbon to enter and apply for a scholarship.
- If you are a Golden Ribbon winner, you do not need to pay the youth entry fee.
- Six projects, up to ten, allows you to get the most points on the scholarship application.
- If you can not enter your Golden Ribbon item into the State Fair this year, you may enter it the following year, with the possibility of paying an entry fee.
- See the links attached for further information.
In 2013, the Michigan State Fair, A Private Entity LLC revived the Gold Ribbon Program and also initiated a new Agricultural Urban/Rural Youth Scholarship Program. This program recognizes young people who are making a difference in our cities, towns and villages by clearing, planting and harvesting garden space for their families and neighborhoods. We are pleased to announce that for 2017, the Michigan State Fair is awarding $40,000 to these outstanding Youth.
4-H re-enrollment deadline is December 1st, 2016. The deadline for new members is April 1, 2017. Please contact the MSUE Office for more information at 586-469-5180.
Youth Livestock Sale
Youth Livestock Live Auction
Friday, August 18, 2017 at 4:00PM
If you are interested in participating in the 2017 Armada Fair Youth Livestock Sale, please download and fill out the form below. Due date is Friday, January 13, 2017. Forms can be dropped off or mailed to the Armada Fair Office. Hours are M-F 9am to 4pm. Closed during the holidays.
Mission Statement & By-Laws
Please review the Livestock Sale Mission Statement & By-Laws below by clicking on the button.
2017 Livestock Sale Committee
President: Matt Konarski
Vice President: Ron Prieskorn
Treasurer: Larry Brice
Secretary: Kathe Nelson
Youth Members: Victoria Prieskorn and Paige Drob